christmas

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Our trip to NY/NJ!

We went to NY and NJ a few weeks ago for the wedding!

On our way to visit mom and dad we always stop and see Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Paulette! This is a very big deal for the kids, they LOVE it there! We arrived around 9 and were greeted wit Aunt P's meatballs and pasta! The boys loved it! After a little chatting, we hit the sack and the boys enjoyed a big breakfast of bacon and eggs, a favorite. We spend the morning talking, playing games and in Uncle Jimmy's office (he has lots of cool things in there!) Since we arrived so late, we didn't think to bring in the camera, so we don't have any pictures of our time there...ugh...


Then it was on to the wedding! This ended up being a night out for Big C and I! Our sweet friends kept all four of the boys overnight! We had a wonderful time. Here are some pictures from the wedding!

Big C set up the camera on top of the TV in the hotel so we could get a picture of ourselves!

This is a picture of my little brother and I! Doesn't he look handsome! He was the best man.

Nothing like a wedding for family pictures! This is a shot of my parents and my brother and I. Mom looked great!

Group shot!


One day while we were there we met our good friends T and K and went to Lake Taghkanic. I went there a lot as a kid, but never appreciated how beautiful it really is. Though it was very cold, we all had a great time catching up and playing.

More group shots!



Another day mom bought us all tickets to the Dutchess County Fair. The kids went on tons of rides, ate tons of junk, and had tons of fun! My camera had a fuzzy lense so I didn't get lots of good pictures of the rides.



I love this picture, my brother, his son, and L outside the fun house!

Before we left we stopped at the home of Robert Livingston. We learned about him last year and this year. He worked with Thomas Jefferson on the Declaration of Independence and he worked with Robert Fulton on the Steamboat. The steamboat actually launched in the Hudson River on the property of this house. Again...amazing that I grew up here and never really appreciated the history.
Back of the house! Just beautiful!
View of the Hudson from the front of the house!



On our way home from every NY trip we stop to see Uncle Rey in NJ. He always takes such good care of us. He has a wonderful pool and a great backyard. The boys swam and had burgers on the grill and ice cream cake. We love visiting Uncle Rey!

I love this shot of L!

Big C!

Uncle Rey!



We had a great trip!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

What a fun time! I can't wait to show K1 and K2 the pictures..they just covered NY and NJ in Geography. The pictures of Big C and your Uncle jumping into the pool are classic! Thanks for sharing..