christmas

Monday, September 21, 2009

My New Kitchen Gadget!

I love kitchen gadgets, especially ones that allow me to make cool things for my boys! I have a great friend who is a Pampered Chef consultant and I recently order the cut and seal. I ordered it because everytime my kids pass the freezer section at the grocery store they beg for one of those Smucker Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, you know the ones I mean, they are like $6.50 a box!!! I always say NO! for two reasons, 1 - they are too expensive and 2 - the list of ingredients is about two inches long.

Sooooooo....I buy this gadget and get to work.


First I made a round loaf of 100% whole wheat bread and began to slice it into layers.. (I didn't think to take pictures until after I already started cutting).


Next I placed a tablespoon each of peanut butter and jelly in the what I thought would be the center of each sandwich.


Then I used the cut and seal to cut the circle shape and seal each sandwich. Finally, I placed them in a freezer bag.

This weekend we did some traveling, (more about that in my next post) and in the morning I took out four sandwiches and by lunch they were thawed and my boys devoured them! They were a hit!
Happy Kids and Happy Mama!



2 comments:

Tracey said...

so very cool! I have one of these..haven't thought to use it for freezer pbjs. Thanks for the tip! Oh yeah, I'm hosting a PC party in October..would love for you to come!

Ruth said...

I think I need to order one of those!