christmas

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Amazing Dinner!

When Big C asked what I would like for my birthday, I asked him to make me dinner! Since I cook every night, this would be a wonderful treat. I knew this was going to be a sacrifice for my sweet husband since he does not cook much. When we mentioned the idea to the boys, C2 asked if he was going to make eggs, since that is all that they have ever seen their dad make!

Well, much to my surprise, when he got home last night, he had a Trader Joe's bag. One by one, he pulled out the ingredients, portabella mushrooms, goat cheese, kalamata olives, and naan bread. ALL my favorites!

What he made was so delicious, his own recipe! Grilled Naan bread, slathered with goat cheese. Then he make a Kalamata olive spread to go over that and grilled up the portabella mushrooms!

I was so proud of him and so full! What a wonderful birthday treat!



2 comments:

Tracey said...

I just love your family! Always so good to each other...

Anonymous said...

Dearest Jen
I was reading thru your blog and came accross the part where you were too tired to continue Im glad that you dicided no to stop doing it as I have been following all of you for quite some time now and love all of it and the wonderful personal thoughts that you add to the blog
I dont get to see you or talk to you so much anymore but you must know that you are still and always will be our Jennifer and it gives us great pleasure to be a part of all of you thru your blog without imposing on your lives
Love
Aaron and Ellen