christmas

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Italian Style Mashed Potatoes

Okay....you requested it and here it is. Mom's "Italian-Style" mashed potatoes. Though I don't have a picture of them alone, you can see them at the bottom on this one. Can't you just taste the cheesy goodness?! I emailed mom for the recipe to share. I have tried to duplicate it many times, but it never comes out like mom's. It is a favorite of all my boys.

Here it is, directly from mom to you....

I don't have it written down, I just go by memory. (mom's words)

5lbs potatoes, peeled, cubed and boiled.
2 eggs , slightly beaten
1 cup of milk. I just eye this so add as much as you need.
1/2 cup grated cheese

Put all of this ingredients in mixer until smooth. Spray a cassarole dish, layer in potatoes, then a few slices of butter, some bread crumbs and grated mozzarella cheese. Continue laying until all the potatoes are used. On the top goes a few pats of butter, mozzarella cheese and a covering of bread crumbs. Bake in a 375 oven until the cheese on top is brown and crusty.

Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you make it!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Talk about fantastic customer service! Thanks so much for the recipe...I'll let you know how mine turn out! Love the book tradition and J with Santa pictures..too cute..Have a great day!

Karen said...

YUMMY!
That sounds delicious.
Healthy? Non-fat? Lo-fat? Low cholesterol? Oh, who cares!