christmas

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Chrismas Food!

Mom and dad just left and I am so sad to see them go :). But...mom cooked up a storm while she was here. She is such a wonderful cook! Such a blessing! Check out some of what she/we made!

When mom and dad arrived I had hot soup ready for dinner. It is recipe from my sweet friend Emily and we love it. This picture has sausage, but I also made a vegetarian version for dad and I. We had salad and bread to go with it! YUM!

The first night mom was here she made Eggplant Parm. Big C and I both love it and were not disappointed. I only make it once a year because it takes forever. Here you can see mom cutting the eggplant and then her assembling station! Finally, the result! Great job mom!


C1 loves peanut butter cookies with kisses. I made a vegan version of the cookie and he scooped and put in the kisses. He was thrilled with them!


Christmas Eve we go over to my mother in laws house and she cooks mostly everything, but we did bring a few things.

zucchini pancakes with herb dip

spinach pie (one of mom's specialties)I made vegan fudge with fresh coconut. It was really good if I do say so myself!
These are a sampling of mom's cookies! There are Anisettes, Sesame Pillows, and Jellies. Yikes, Big C couldn't keep his hands off!

Finally, Christmas dinner! Mom made prime rib, roasted carrots with shallots, roasted tomatoes and garlic and a dish layered with potatoes, zucchini, tomato and onion that was covered with swiss and fontina cheese. Yowza! I had to go off the vegan bandwagon and have a little bit of that last dish! It was fabulous. There was also garlic bread and lobster tails!

A few weeks ago L saw a picture of a Cranberry Trifle on the cover of one of my cooking magazines and decided that we were going to have to make that for Christmas, so here is! Great job L!




Hope you all ate as well as we did! I'll post more about Christmas later. One post at a time....

2 comments:

Tracey said...

I knew this was a bad day to start South Beach! ;) What a feast at your house...thanks for sharing the pictures..Happy New Year!

The Comers said...

YUM! All of the food and family fun looks wonderful!