christmas

Monday, December 15, 2008

Dinner Bomb!

As most of you know, I love to cook. I love cooking with my boys, cooking with my mom and cooking by myself. I just love to cook. I also love to try cooking new things and since I became vegan I have enjoyed learning how to cook with tofu, seitan and many other meat substitutes. I have asked many times for my family to join me on the vegan bandwagon, but that has not gone well. :( So I try to sneak new recipes in every now and then, sometimes they go well and ..... sometimes they don't. Well......
Last week, I tried a new recipe. It was pecan mushroom burgers with roasted veggies on goat cheese toast. I know my boys love goat cheese so I was hoping that would hook them all in. Though they loved the goat cheese on the baguette, everything else was a BOMB! I liked it all, but was the only one.

The next day I wanted to redeem myself. I made pasta with pesto and roasted veggies, Italian bread, salad (J helped with that) and chocolate cinnamon biscotti (vegan). Check out the pictures below to see how I did!


Was it a success? What do you think?


I love my husband! My husband loves food! An easy way to make him happy. The challenge is how to make food he loves, that is also good for him. Any suggestions? Do any other wives also run into this dilemma?

1 comment:

Karen said...

Looks delicious!
I'll take the leftovers!!